About Nova and Saint-Gobain
Saint-Gobain complements its significant commitment to in-house research and development by identifying start-up organizations on the leading edge of emerging technologies that mesh with Saint-Gobain’s areas of strategic interest.
Created in 2006, NOVA External Venturing, created in 2006, is the “matchmaker” between start-ups and Saint-Gobain business units helping to create collaboration which can take many forms including: joint technological development, production joint venture, commercialization agreement or direct shareholding.
Working around the world the NOVA team in the U.S., Europe and Asia have examined over 2,600 start-up companies with more than 65 partnerships signed worldwide.
About the 2015 competition:
Four cash prizes are available totaling $100,000: $50,000 for the first prize, $25,000 for the second and $15,000 for the third prize and $10,000 for the “Saint-Gobain Community Award”. The most promising start-ups may also be given the opportunity to discuss with Saint-Gobain businesses a potential partnership.
The Grand Finale of the international Saint-Gobain NOVA Innovation Competition will be held in Washington, DC (USA) during the Greenbuild 2015 international conference and expo (November 18-19).
Who can apply?
Start-ups that propose novel technologies or services within the 6 focus areas are encouraged to apply:
- Building materials and easy-to-install solutions that improve energy efficiency, safety, comfort (visual, acoustic, thermal), air quality and durability
- New materials for use in Energy applications, such as renewable energy production, energy storage and conversion
- Clean technology, like biomass, bio-polymers, low CO2 footprint materials and recycling
- Systems and solutions that integrate natural or artificial light into buildings and cars for enhanced comfort
- Construction services: software solutions, value-added services for craftsmen, renovation and energy performance
- Innovative technologies for demanding industrial applications (abrasives, ceramics, crystals, glass and plastics)
Deadline for entries:
Entries can be submitted between January 12 to June 19, 2015.
More information/how to apply:
For more information and details on how to apply visit the NOVA website.