Supporting local economic and social development
The Saint-Gobain Initiatives Foundation supports projects around the world. All current and retired employees have the opportunity to champion a local project, and support its application to the Foundation for direct support. This support could be in the form of direct financial support, construction materials, of expertise, knowledge, skills and time.
Areas of Focus:
The Foundation supports projects in two areas directly linked to Saint-Gobain’s strategy:
- Facilitating youth Integration - Helping young people find jobs.
- Acting for social housing - Building, improving or renovating social housing in the general
The Foundation provides financial and technical support for selected projects, with the help of employees from across the Saint-Gobain family of companies.
Facts and figures:
- 123 associations supported
- 166 Sponsors
- 144 Projects supported since 2008
- Integration: 13
- Housing: 90
- Integration and housing: 41
- Projects supported in 33 countries
- 8.5 Million Euro budget since 2008
- 1.3 Million Euro budget for 2017
To be accepted, a project must comply with the following criteria:
- It must be located in a country where Saint-Gobain is present;
- The sponsor must be a Saint-Gobain employee or retiree near the project;
- The project must fit with one of the foundation’s two focus areas (social housing or youth professional integration); and
- It must be run by a non-profit organization and benefit people experiencing some form of hardship.
Episode One: Saint-Gobain's grant to The Prince's Trust
Watch Episode One of our series exploring our support for the Prince's Trust's Wolfson Centre in Glasgow.
Episode Two: Improving users' experience
Watch Episode Two and learn how we worked with the architect and project team to improve the building for its users.
Episode Three: The architect's view, how it worked?
In Episode Three, get an insight into the architect, Keith McClure's view on how the project developing collaborating with Saint-Gobain.