The Foundation is part of Saint-Gobain’s “Support for Industry” initiative which is laid out in its CSR strategy. This includes a commitment to support small businesses in the construction industry in their efforts to grow and progress. It aims to help accelerate this growth in order to create thriving businesses that can meet the demands of a developing, dynamic and innovative construction industry.
Saint-Gobain is committed to tackling some of the biggest challenges facing our society. The construction industry in the UK and Ireland is suffering from a shortage of tradespeople and skilled workers. 120,000 new apprenticeships need to be created across the industry to help compensate the loss of 400,000 construction workers who will reach retirement age within the next five years.
What will the Entrepreneurship Foundation provide?
The Foundation will provide a range of FREE benefits for attendees, including:
- Practical, hands-on training and an introduction to sustainable building systems, delivered by the Supply Chain Sustainability School and Saint-Gobain’s expert technical teams.
- Business skills training delivered through the IOEE and CITB. This will include guidance on marketing, leadership and management, finance, innovation, and effective planning.
- The training will take a blended approach with the online learning complimented by a short residential programme.
- IOEE Professional Diploma in Developing and growing a Small Business.
- Personal mentoring through Saint-Gobain and its professional network.
- Connection to Saint-Gobain’s UK and Ireland businesses and access to Saint-Gobain product and service innovations.
Who can apply?
Places on the Entrepreneurship Foundation are limited, and will require commitment over the duration of the course (approx. 8 months). In order to get the most out of the Foundation it is essential that applicants are able to participate fully. Here are some initial criteria that all applicants should comply with.:
- Be a limited company.
- Have no more than 6 direct employees.
- Be able and willing to commit the time required to complete the programme, including completing the online training qualification as well as attending the residential programme.
- Have been trading with a Saint-Gobain business for 3 months or more.
- Be in charge of the direction of your employees.
- Have an aspiration and desire to significantly grow and develop your business.
- Be passionate about sustainable construction methods and creating comfort for your customers in their homes.
Please note: Successful candidates will secure one place on the Foundation. We are only able to offer one place per limited company.
Above details are subject to change.