Innovative? Customer Focused? Agile? Open and Engaging? Entrepreneurial? – Our key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the Quality Control Engineer opportunity.
How will you utilise your expertise?
This role is working with Celotex who are the UK brand leader in PIR thermal insulation solutions for the building and construction sectors. Celotex strives, through our investment in product innovation, to continually improve the performance of our product ranges and remain at the forefront of industry progress. Supported by certifications and approvals from leading third party organisations, our products continue to provide the best option for Building Regulations and other carbon reduction programmes.
In this role you will be responsible for the completion and implementation of Quality Control projects and improvements in relation to manufactured products and raw materials.
Main duties include:
• To assist and undertake quality control testing of products manufactured in the plant and report on any products not complying with Company’s internal specifications during holiday periods.
• To monitor and measure Supplier non-conformances undertake projects to improve the quality of materials and services expected and promised.
• To undertake projects relating to Customer complaint using World Class Manufacturing (WCM) practices and processes for the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and preventative implementation plans.
• To assist in the collection and input of data for analysis as part of continuous process improvements on the production lines. Work with the operations team in delivering Quality led improvement projects using WCM tools and techniques.
• To assist in the Quality Control audits of product being shipped to customers.
What kind of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
• To have completed a recognised Chemical, Mechanical or Engineering qualification to HNC/HND Level or NVQ Level 3 or 4.
• Previous Quality Control and lean manufacturing including process improvement techniques in a continuous manufacturing environment is essential.
• Previous proven experience of production and manufacturing equipment and ancillaries including an awareness of TPM and Preventative Maintenance Systems.
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale. We have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employ 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of the most well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Celotex this is one of more than 30 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you will be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to ‘Create great living places and improve people’s daily life’. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you.