Key Account Manager Utility – Frazer
We are looking for a highly motivated external sales person to join our new Frazer branch in Croydon. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious and new team and play a pivotal role as they develop a new business supporting the sales team and setting administrative standards from the very start.
Your role will be to develop profitable sales for the new site through proactive and ensuring all customer needs are met, whilst adhering to company guidelines. You will support the commercial development of the business and working closely with the internal sales team and other branches in the London Area.
Many within Frazer have direct hands-on experience of working in the civil engineering and utility sectors, ensuring that Frazer provides expert advice and solutions to a construction industry that is complex and varied.
What will I be doing in the role of an Internal Sales Consultant? You will;
- To focus on sales development for the following main Customer Groups:
- National Utilities framework contractors
- Large Regional Utilities framework subcontractors
- Utilities contractors
- Grow the utilities business by identifying and exploiting growth opportunities in each of the framework contracts and in peripheral non-framework business allied to the framework contracts.
- Visit sites, utilities clients and contractor offices to identify and capture the demand for Frazer’s products.
- Foster and develop strong trading relationships with current customers, building contacts with estimators, buyers, contract and site personnel.
- Find and introduce new utility products to the Frazer product portfolio, identifying target markets, sales potential and stocking detail.
- Maximise sales opportunities to utility contractors by identifying opportunities to promote and develop sales for civils products.
- Maximise sales opportunities from generated enquiries at tender and order-to-place stages and feedback orders to branches.
- Foster and develop strong relationships with key procurement contacts within the utility companies.
- Maintain strong relationships with manufacturers.Meet with manufacturers’ local staff on a regular basis to discuss leads, sales activity and forthcoming opportunities.
- Co-ordinate with Frazer internal sales personnel on a daily basis.Agree joint objectives which contribute to maximising sales opportunities.Jointly track major projects from a range of lead sources (branch referrals, manufacturers, Glenigans) and get involved ahead of Frazer’s competition.
- Provide bid and pricing support for tenders and large OTP enquiries across the area, and when necessary lead the preparation and presentation of major bids.
- Ability to prepare and deliver Frazer PowerPoint presentations to key utility company and contractor personnel to sell Frazer capabilities in the utility markets.
- Achieve sales and margin targets for ledger accounts and fulfilment of other business objectives agreed with the Sales Director.
- Refer to current period business objectives as agreed with Sales Director.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
What do we look for in a Key Account Manager?
- High levels of drive , self-motivated and managed.
- First class planning and personal organisation skills.
- Selling and negotiating skills developed in a construction environment.
- Experience of dealing with contractor personnel at office / buyer / site level.
- Experience of dealing with senior utility company procurement personnel.
- High level of commercial awareness related to pricing, ex-yard and direct margin, discounts.
- Detailed understanding of water, electricity and multi-utility markets.
- The ability to effectively communicate at all levels, with both internal and external customers.
- Strong communication skills and self-confidence
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 days with service)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/