Transport Compliance and Development Specialist
Please note we are accepting internal applications only for this role. If you are an external applicant wishing to find out about careers within Saint Gobain or any of our brands, please email Recruitment@sgbd.co.uk for more information.
To ensure there are sufficient and adequate structures, policies and processes in place as well as learning and development opportunities to ensure complicity with O license, transport regulations, CoP and customer requirements (FORS, CLOCS, environmental impact and driver H&S) within SGBD.
1. Ensure the company complies with all Health and Safety transport legislation, identifying any gaps in knowledge and upskilling the business accordingly as new legislation arises.
2. Influence the branch network to eliminate TF1 and TF2 accidents, updating policies and processes where needed.
3. Support the design and implementations of audit measures.
4. Ensure there are no legal infringements/prohibitions and that a OCS score above 95% is achieved.
5. Continuously improve compliance tools, monitoring, Learning and Development, policies and processes in line with legislation, CoP, customer and business requirements.
6. Develop and deliver training to operational colleagues across the business on all facets of transport compliance.
7. Interact with enforcement bodies (DVSA, Police etc.) on behalf of the organisation, working with the relevant parties on complex cases to ensure a positive outcome
8. Deliver short-term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with Manager.
Qualifications / Technical Skills
Experience and Knowledge
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
TO FIND A JOB, INTERNSHIP, APPRENTICESHIP, SKILLS ACQUISITION CONTRACT OR VIE INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PROGRAM?
TO FIND AN INTERNSHIP, APPRENTICESHIP, SKILLS ACQUISITION CONTRACT OR VIE INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PROGRAM?
RECENT GRADUATES: TO START YOUR CAREER IN A POSITION WITH MEANINGFUL MISSIONS AND REAL RESPONSIBILITIES?
EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS: TO FIND A POSITION WITH A VARIETY OF INTERESTING MISSIONS THAT MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR KNOW-HOW AND EXPERTISE?