Logistics Coordinator (Supply Chain) - Saint Gobain Building Distribution
Competitive Salary – Based in Challow, Oxfordshire
Saint Gobain - Winners of ‘TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running! (2016-2019)
Are you organised, personable and looking for the next challenge in your career? If so, our Saint-Gobain Supply Chain team are looking for a dedicated Logistics Coordinator to support our Supply Chain Hub at Challow.
In this role, you'll support the distribution of customer orders, deliveries and branch replenishment by ensuring this is delivered through reviewing, allocating and scheduling the jobs to maximize the operational and logistical performance of the fleet. You'll also be required to build and maintain successful working relationships with customers, colleagues, business partners and external providers to maximize customer service and logistics efficiency.
As a Logistics Coordinator with Saint-Gobain, you will:
- Work with the, Logistics team, Stock Manager, Area Inventory Manager (AIM), Operational and Sales colleagues to deliver an excellent order and delivery service for customers e.g. on time in full.
- Support the logistics process ensuring all order tickets are transferred from the allocation board to the whiteboard, ensuring orders are printed, picked, loaded and delegated to the relevant driver terminals, whilst ensuring logistics planning and compliance is fulfilled at all times.
- Plan and schedule customer deliveries for optimised routing efficiency.
- Maintain the allocation of all work for branches including replenishment distribution requirements.
- Utilise all available Hub and branch resources to ensure optimal use of the available resources.
- Maximise logistics efficiency to ultimately drive down the logistics cost to serve through activity optimisation.
- Ensure all vehicles are dispatched at their agreed times of departure.
- Managing operational documents such as picking notes and aligning to delivery schedules.
- Liaise with the local branch network and customers to resolve any issues/complaints relating to delivery service and timings.
- Devise and monitor routing, timing and allotment of runs to maximise efficiency and meet delivery deadlines.
- Participate in stock take duties as required.
- Commitment to continuous improvement to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
- Strong Numeracy and Literacy skills.
- Logistics planning and scheduling experience.
- Good administration skills and geographical knowledge of the South East Region.
- Ability to work on own initiative, as well as being a team player.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- PC literate – Word, Excel, Outlook, databases.
- Ability to work in a fast paced pressured environment.
- Good communication, telephone and customer service skills.
- Flexible with ability to deal with high volumes.
- Customer relationship management experience is essential, as is the ability to handle and resolve queries.
- A positive attitude with the ability to ‘make things happen’ is a must.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
- Knowledge of builders Merchanting and associated products.
- Knowledge of logistics legislation.
Does this sound like you? If so, then we may just be the right fit for each other!
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 days with service)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
If you’re up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.