Gibbs & Dandy – Business Development Executive
Based: Crawley, West Sussex - Salary: £25,000 - £30,000, dependent upon candidate experience
Gibbs & Dandy – National Merchant of the Year 2018 / One to Watch Employer in the Top 100 Best Companies to work for 2019
As a Business Development Executive, you’ll be the face (and voice!) of the business. You’ll quite literally go that extra mile to proactively identify and secure new business opportunities, liaising with existing and prospective customers out in the field to show them just what Gibbs & Dandy can offer. You’ll also ensure you’re ahead of the curve on market trends and competitor activity, utilising this information alongside customer spend patterns to organically grow sales and drive targets for your team. And all of this whilst continuing to provide the fantastic service our customers know and love.
The Business Development Executive will spend approximately 80% of their time out in the field visiting prospective customers and understanding their needs. The remaining 20% will be spent in the branch proactively chasing that business and following up on enquiries.
Working for Gibbs & Dandy will mean you have no two days the same. You will have the opportunity to support and advise customers on our extensive products and service range, no matter how big or small their project is! You will value and take pride in striving to be an integral part of the Gibbs & Dandy mission to be ‘The Most Trusted Merchant in Town’.
We’ve been in the industry for 175 years, so we can proudly say we know a thing or two about providing our customers with the tools and materials they need to complete their building projects. The Gibbs & Dandy team are a family; we value, respect and occasionally have the odd joke at the expense of each other, but what family doesn’t? All this makes us who we are – a close knit team on a mission. But we couldn’t give our customers a service they can trust without our people, and this is where you step in.
You’ll be joining our Gibbs & Dandy Crawley site. This branch is a well-established and busy branch that has a sales office, warehouse, and shop & counter, alongside managing two dedicated customer delivery vehicles. The role also sits within the external sales team whereby you'll receive continual support from other Business Development Executives within the business.
So, what are we looking for?
What will we offer you?
As part of Saint-Gobain (‘Top Employer UK and globally’ 2016-2020), here at Gibbs & Dandy we offer:
What are you waiting for? Apply today to join us on our journey to be the most trusted merchant in town!
For more information about us, check out our website: www.gibbsanddandy.com
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
TO FIND A JOB, INTERNSHIP, APPRENTICESHIP, SKILLS ACQUISITION CONTRACT OR VIE INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PROGRAM?
TO FIND AN INTERNSHIP, APPRENTICESHIP, SKILLS ACQUISITION CONTRACT OR VIE INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PROGRAM?
RECENT GRADUATES: TO START YOUR CAREER IN A POSITION WITH MEANINGFUL MISSIONS AND REAL RESPONSIBILITIES?
EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS: TO FIND A POSITION WITH A VARIETY OF INTERESTING MISSIONS THAT MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR KNOW-HOW AND EXPERTISE?